Below are instructions on how to save your Favorites / Bookmarks to a file for the three browsers we support. Please follow the instructions for any / all that you use, and save the file to a OneDrive backed up folder. This will enable you to import the file once you are in your new computer.
- Go to the Settings menu (cog symbol).
- Click the Import or export button under Customize > Transfer favorites and other info.
- Select the Favorites option and click on Export to file.
- Enter a name and a storage location for the bookmark file and click on Save to export your current Edge favorites.
- Click the three-bar settings icon in the top right of Chrome.
- Hover over "Bookmarks" and select "Bookmarks Manager."
- Click "Organize" and select "Export bookmarks to an HTML file."
- Navigate to the location you would like to store the backup, name the file, and select "Save."
Click on the menu button to open the menu panel. Click and then click the Manage Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click and choose from the drop-down menu.
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Click the button. The Export Bookmarks File window will close.