Android phones may vary. If these instructions do not match up to your device, please reach out to IT and we can help!
(Note: If you already have e-mail access for an outside, non-Grace employer, you may run into issues accessing both e-mails with this process. If you anticipate or run into this issue, please reach out to IT to discuss.)
Remove Currently installed Outlook App (If installed)
If you have the Outlook app currently, remove it. You can do this by doing a long hold on the Outlook app, then dragging it to the “uninstall” section. (You will reinstall & setup the outlook app below)
Note: You may get a message saying you cannot uninstall Outlook. If so, click "Manage Device Administrator" at the bottom of that message, then toggle "Outlook Device Policy" to "off."
Download the Company Portal
******Note: The Company Portal app must remain on your phone in order to be granted access to Grace Apps********
Go to the App store. Search “Intune” (no quotes), then click and download the Intune Company Portal.
Once downloaded, DO NOT OPEN THE APP. Simply move on to the next step.
Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (if not done already)
Download Azure Information Protection
To allow your phone to open PDFs, sound files, video files, etc from the Grace environment (like Outlook or Teams), you will need to download and install an app.
1. Go to the App store and search and download the Azure Information Protections app from the store.
2. Install the App.
3. Click "Continue" to allow access to your phone from the app. Then, click to "Allow" access to your contacts.
4. Once installed, you will not need to open this app again. Just leave it installed on your phone and it will automatically be used when attempting to open files that require it.
Download and setup your desired Microsoft apps
You now can download and setup your preferred Microsoft apps. We suggest setting up Outlook first, so lets follow these instructions to get that set up:
1. Download and install the Outlook app from the Google Play app store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en_IE)
2. Open the Outlook app and click to begin
3. Enter your Grace e-mail address and click to continue
4. Click "Register" to register your device on our network.
5. Base users can click "skip" on the focused inbox question. Alternatively, advanced users can set up a focused inbox if they so desire.
6. If you wish to add personal e-mail and calendar accounts to Outlook, you can do so now. Otherwise, you can click "skip".
*OPTIONAL* - Contact Sync
If you want to sync your Outlook contacts to the Native Contact app built into your Android device please follow the steps below.
1. Click the three horizontal lines button at the top left, then click the gear at the bottom right for your account settings.
2. Click on your mail account, then toggle the "Sync Contacts" option to on (slider set to the right).
Your e-mail is now setup!
Follow this process for all of your preferred Microsoft Apps. A list of our recommendations is: