Microsoft OneDrive is Microsoft’s file storage portal that allows you to access and shared work files from all your devices. We are utilizing OneDrive in order to better utilize our internal network resources, encourage collaboration and make access to your work-related files as easy as possible.
For those with a Grace issued computer that are accustomed to saving your work-related files under your “Documents” folder, you will still be able to do so. All of the items saved in the “Documents” folder will be automatically synced to your OneDrive folder. In addition, your Desktop, Pictures, Music and Videos folders will also be synced to OneDrive.
For volunteers or individuals accessing on a personal device, you can skip to the next section "Access Through the Web".
Grace Issued Device
On your Grace-issued device, you can access your files multiple ways:
- Click the icon in the bottom right of the screen next to the clock in the system tray. (It is possible that you will have to click the up arrow to see it)
- In the box that opens, you should see multiple options to browse to your files. You will see a list of recently edited or saved files. To browse the entirety of your OneDrive folder, you can click “Open Folder” at the bottom.
- Any files saved to a synced folder in OneDrive will automatically be synced to the matching folder on your Grace-issued device. (eg. Samplepicture.jpg saved in the OneDrive Pictures folder will now also be saved in your Pictures folder on your computer, and vice versa)
- Click to open File Explorer .
- One Drive is now an option on the left hand side
- Open the Start Menu, click the Documents icon on the left side of the menu
- Any files saved in here or any of its subfolders are then synced to match OneDrive.
Access Through the Web
You also now have the ability to access your files through the web! You can do this a couple of ways:
- In your browser, go to mail.gracechurch.us
- Login using your Grace email address and password.
- Click the OneDrive icon at the top of the page.
Will I have enough storage for all of my files?
A: Yes. Your P: drive was limited to 2 Gb of data. With OneDrive you have up to 500 times that amount (1 TB) to use.
What are these tiny symbols on the bottom right of my files and folders? (Grace Computer only)
A: These indicate the sync status of your computer to your OneDrive Storage.
- It's in sync with online version.
- It's getting in sync.
- The version on your PC is out of sync. To find out why, go to the right side of the taskbar, select the Show hidden icons arrow, press and hold (or right-click) OneDrive , and then select View sync problems. Most often this is due to a lack of internet connection.