Understanding the Connection Status
NOTE: Workflows are currently set to maintain this field. You will NOT need to update the status of a Request.
The Connection Status is defined by Grace for each Connection Type created. They are an indicator if where the connection request is in the connection process.
Serving Opportunities currently include the following request statuses:
- Cancelled - the requester was never connected to a group. The request will automatically change to this status when it is marked with an Inactive State
- Serving - the requester was assigned to a serving group. The request will automatically change to this status when it is Connected.
- In Process - the requester is currently discussing the opportunity with a staff member or volunteer. The request will automatically change to this status when the first Activity is recorded.
- No Contact - the requester has never been contacted by a staff member or volunteer. The request will always start with this status when it is created.
Understanding the Connection State
NOTE: You will change the Connection State manually in certain scenarios.
The Connection State is a Rock defined list for all connection types and can not be modified.
- Active: The request is currently being worked on. The request will always start with this state when it is created.
- Inactive: The request has either been cancelled and did not get connected to a group. You will manually select this state when appropritate.
- Future Follow-up: When a requester need more time, the future follow-up allows you to freeze the request until a specific date. It will remove the request from the connections view until the specified arrives.
- Connected: The request has completed the full connection process. The request will automatically change to this state when it is Connected.